182 Days

You look so tired, they always say
Did you not sleep last night?
I shake my head and walk away
And wander out of sight
I can not sleep this time of month
The day is drawing near
When I watched my baby fade away,
I saw her disappear
I lay in bed, this time of month
And the tears fall down so quick
I hear the silence, hear the void
As the clock continues to tick
I think about her smile
How she lit up every room
I think of her sweet laughter
As she "helped" with her little broom
I think about her waving,
Every time she left my side
I think about the hug I got
The morning that she died
She held so tight
It's like she knew
That it would be the last
I went to work,
And just like taht
My baby girl was passed
So no, I didn't sleep last night,
Nor the night before
I'm consumed by longing,
Aching, pain
To hold my little girl once more
I spend a lot of time at night
Stuck inside my head
Thinking of my baby bear
All the words that went unsaid
I hope she knows I miss her
And I wish that she were here
I hope she knows I'd give it all
Just to have her near
I hope that she is happy
That she laughs, and runs, and plays
I hope that time goes so much faster there
So that she doesn't note the days
It's been 182
For me down here at home
I hope it's flying by so fast
That she never feels alone

No comments:

Post a Comment